Re: Library update failure continues...

Hello,

Curt Howland:
> My bug report got no action, since the suggested package to "solve" the
> library problem will not install without the missing file.

I don't know where the file comes from (my system has libdb.so.2), but if
you need a file out of a package, you can always "ar x" and  "tar x" to
unpack it manually. Then copy the missing file where it belongs.

(That's copy the deb into a subdirectory, do "ar x libwhatever.deb" and
then "tar xzf data.tar.gz".)

If you install a .so file in this way, don't forget to run ldconfig to
update all the softlinks and the cache.

Once you've got your system up and running, you should probably install
that deb using dpkg, so that it knows about the file.

Jiri
--
<jiri@baum.com.au>
We'll know the future has arrived when every mailer transparently