Re: vmware and kernel header mismatches...

On Tue, Apr 13, 1999 at 02:23:51PM -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 13, 1999 at 02:01:46PM -0800, Adam Shand wrote:
> > it appears that i've got some default debian headers which aren't updated
> > when i compile my kernel.  what is the approved way for me to fix this so
> > i won't break anything?
use -I/path/to/kernel/you/wish/to/compile/for as one of the CFLAGS when
compiling the module

>     The problem is that the kernel headers in /usr/lib/linux are still the
> 2.0.36 headers.  I linked /usr/lib/linux to /usr/src/linux/lib/linux.
You shouldn't. That could mysteriously break a few compiles you are making
in subtle ways. If you need to compile something that want's a specific
kernel version, do like above.

Nils

--
Plug-and-Play is really nice, unfortunately it only works 50% of the time.
To be specific the "Plug" almost always works.            --unknown source