Re: I really need help!

On Fri, Apr 02, 1999 at 02:42:50PM -0800, Nuno Donato wrote:
> I really need sme help here. If you can, please help me.
> I want to know if there is a kind of autoexec.bat file in
> Linux, so that each times it boots, it automatically
> executes some commands.
There are several different things that you could call analogous to
autoexec.bat.  The one you probably want to modify is called .profile.  Just
say "editor .profile".  If you end up in somthing that you can't understand,
it's probably vi.  To get out of it, hit ^C, then :q!.  Then say "apt-get
install ee" at a prompt to install a more user-friendly editor.

> I need this because I have downloaded Blender(3d Software),
> and i must install symbolic links. But because I don't know
> how to do this before running Blender I need to execute a
> LARGE command.
> Do you know how ot install symbolic links?
ln -s <source file> <destination file>
Note that the source file is the one that gets created, and becomes
(effectively) another name for the desrination file.  If you should happen
to get them reversed (which I do all the time), then you'll get an error
message; just reverse the two again.

	-=- James Mastros