Re: Slink upgrade and xwindows

In a message dated 3/15/99 8:05:15 PM Central Standard Time, ably@home.com
writes:

> Please don't slam people for not reading everything.  That is why you
>  are needed- because they don't have time, or maybe they just aren't
>  capable of understanding everything- again, that is why you are needed.

I have to admit, there is a bit of truth to this, alot of people just don't
have the time to read 18 different documents in 18 different locations.  Man
pages, info pages, FAQs, HOWTOs, mini-HOWTOs, READMEs, INSTALL docs, package
descriptions... it is a bit daunting.  I do feel that anyone installing
anything shoud be up for some reading, but just how much reading is the
question.   I'm not even going to think about complaining about the amount of
documentation, coming from systems that have zip, I know from experience how
helpful good documentation can be.  But I wonder if maybe there is a better
way to organize the volumunous information given to us in a standard, easy to
use, heirarchial fashion.

-Jay