Re: Slink upgrade and xwindows

There is a lot- I do my best and don't get nearly all of it read.  A lot
of times I don't absorb what I do read properly which was the case with
reading "the great x reorganization".  I guess that other things told
about removing xdm and xfs but I only remember the xbase thing, which I
did.

I really really don't want to slam linux documentation because it is the
best computer documentation that I have found for anything... I can find
more and better info about linux on the net than I have found in expensive
books about windoze, etc.  The documentation is great!  I'm not sure there
is a better way to organize it although there may be.

I admit I messed up by not catching the xdm thing- but I *was* reading,
and I *was* trying. I was just busy and not everything stuck.  A lot of
changes happened to my system and I can hang with that.  My real point is
that this change (the x bootup thing) was such a major change to the OS-
that I feel that a "do you want to boot right into X (y or N)" would have
been justified during install or config with dselect.

I apologize for being so rash at first- I freaked out when my system
locked up.  considering that I upgraded my whole system without rebooting
right off of the net and this is the only thing that bugged me, I would
say that that is unparalleled in my computing experience.

Documentation is great! Debian is kewl- Thanks to all of the
development and support people- keep up the good work =)