Re: lp: driver loaded but no devices found. (kernel 2.2.1)

Curt Daugaard wrote:

> This problem is common.  I had it.  I'm afraid I can't give you a short,
> straightforward answer about how to fix it.  Along with help from
> debian-user, the best resource I found (besides parport.txt in the kernel
> sources docs) is this website:
>
> http://www.cyberelk.demon.co.uk/parport.html
> (courtesy of the Printing-HOWTO):
This happened to me too.  I had my printer working in 2.2.1;
I recompiled to enable my cd-writer.  Since then, I lost the
use of my parport.  I have all the plug n play, and pc
hardware stuff enabled, (which is how I made it work
before).  But I can't get my printer back.  "lp driver
loaded but no devices found."  Very weird...