Re: lp: driver loaded but no devices found. (kernel 2.2.1)

This problem is common.  I had it.  I'm afraid I can't give you a short,
straightforward answer about how to fix it.  Along with help from
debian-user, the best resource I found (besides parport.txt in the kernel
sources docs) is this website:

http://www.cyberelk.demon.co.uk/parport.html
(courtesy of the Printing-HOWTO):

Good luck