hamm to slink upgrade via atp question

Hi all,

I've decided to try to upgrade to slink. My question is that according
to apt. it's going to take 8+ hours to ftp all the files. I can't have
my phone tied up that long. How can I download the files during shorter
times? If I close the connection, will apt just start where it left off?

I haven't looked through my man pages on this issue as my man pages are
broken (another apt-related story that I won't go into).

TIA
--
                                  __   _
Mark Wagnon                  -o) / /  (_)__  __ ____  __