Re: Best partitioning scheme?

At 02:30 PM 2/16/1999 -0600, Kent West wrote:
>I just inherited a machine with 4 SCSI drives, 2GB each. It'll be a
>Micro$oft-free zone. It'll be an a LAN with several of us technicians (7 or
>so) having access to it for storage of files mostly, so I'm thinking of
>this for the partitioning scheme.

Storage mostly needs to be shared, so I think I need Samba and Netatalk
(see below). So, after getting input from several people, this is how I'm
looking to do things:

Drive 1:
 / = 200MB
 /usr = 1 GB
 /usr/local = 500 MB (is this where stuff like StarOffice, Netscape, WP8
would go?)
 swap = 64 MB
 /var = 100 MB
 /tmp = 100 MB

Drive 2:
 /home = 2 GB less swap (personal storage space for 7 techs or so)
 swap = 64 MB

Drive 3:
 /apple = 2 GB less swap (netatalk storage space for Mac software)
 swap = 64 MB

Drive 4:
 /pc = 2GB less swap (samba storage space for PC software)
 swap = 64 MB

How does this sound? Again, thanks!