Re: slink install messed up hamm partition

On Sat, 13 Feb 1999, John Bagdanoff wrote:

> So I don't get the SETSERIAL not found anymore on bootup, but I still
> have to reset the irq to 3 before I reconnect to my isp before every
> session.
>
> I thought at first this change of behavior was due to installing slink
> from my hamm partition, but I also upgraded most of my hamm to slink
> packages at about the same time.  What might I have changed to make
> /dev/ttS2 to revert back to irq 4 all the time?  I plan to pull out my
> modem and change the jumper setting, but before I do that, I'd like to
> understand why this is happening.

This has happened to me.  Just add "serial" to /etc/modules.  If you
don't, serial is autoloaded whenever you need it, but with the default
values.  After a while, it is unloaded again, unless you have this line in
your /etc/modules.

HTH,
Brandon

| Brandon Mitchell  bmitch@atdot.org  http://bmitch.nws.net/  ICQ 30631197 |
| Throughout history, UNIX systems have regulary been broken into, beaten, |
| brutalized, corrupted, commandeered, compromised, and illegally fscked.  |
|                                   -- UNIX System Administration Handbook |