Re: 2 Q's about dial-up stats

On Sat, 30 Jan 1999, Kent West wrote:
>1) Is there a command that will let me see when I connected via
>dial-up? My university-come-ISP has a 3-hour limit on dial-up,
>and if I don't pay attention to when I dialed up, a couple of
>hours later I wonder how much time I have left before I get
>disconnected.

While i dont need to monitor my ppp connection time i use a program called
Kpppload. This program gives transfer totals and has a display in the top
bar showing the ppp 'uptime'. Looking at mine now it tells me my ppp
connection has been 302:47 (thats 302 hours : 47 minutes).
Plus this program allows you to auto redial and also run commands
periodically when the connection is up. Very nice program.

--Rob