To: GLUG <glug@linux.org.za>
From: Sean Preston <spreston@icon.co.za>
Subject: GLUG: Alien package converter for Debian

I know that you can use alien to convert rpm files to deb files.  Are there
any disadvantages to downloading the rpm files and installing all software
this way for Debian or is it better to download the deb file for the
program.

Thanks

Sean Preston
spreston@icon.co.za

---
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe glug" in
the body of a message to majordomo@linux.org.za