Re: still fighting for normality

On Sat, Jan 16, 1999 at 03:27:55PM +0000, Rich Harran. wrote:
> rwx for group), but this doesn't work, and I can't even chmod the
> permissions as root.  If I type
>
> 	chmod --verbose g+w /mnt
> it claims to have changed the permissions, but doesn't actually.

the vfat filesystem doesn't support permissions; everything you mount will
have the permissions defined by your umask.  if you need file perms
you might want to look into the umsdos filesystem; try "man fs" for a
little more.

Rob

--
The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint
has a past and every sinner has a future.