Re: configuring serial port

On Tue, 5 Jan 1999, CUNO wrote:

> Brandon Mitchell wrote:
>
> > What are the symptoms?  Does the modem dial and connect to the isp?  Run
> > "plog -f" from another window or virtual terminal, run pon, and post what
> > comes out of plog.
> >

> the modem doesn't make a single sound, nada
> Report off plog:
> pppd [231] : ppd 2.3.5 started by root uid0
> pppd [231] : tcgetattr: input/output error (5)
> pppd [231] : Exit

I'm guessing that means your serial port is still incorrectly configured.
Can someone on the list verify this?  What "COM" port is your modem on in
dos/win?  You have to run "/etc/rc.boot/0setserial" after changing the
contents.

HTH,
Brandon

| Brandon Mitchell * bhmit1@mail.wm.edu * http://bhmit1.home.ml.org/ |
|  Sometimes you have to release software with bugs. - MS Recruiter  |