Re: configuring serial port

The 16450 has no FIFO buffer, so there exists danger of transmission
overrun (particularly at higher baude rates). It may be usefull to change
the interrupts priority with irqtune (available in hwtools package:
hwtools: /usr/lib/hwtools/irqtune ).
Giving the highest priority for UART's irq  may sometimes help.

			Wojtek Zabolotny
			wzab@ipe.pw.edu.pl