Re: help(*_*)

"Harold G. Stevenson" wrote:

> help......on a couple major areas for me. some
> of it has too do with permission issues on my machine. i had to
> reconfigure x. i can bring it up a root or as tempuser, but not as user
> zorro. would like very much to be zorro when i bring up x.

	X should be setup for this by default, unless you are using an older
version of Debain.  What version are you using?
	On my system, Debian 2.1 [slink], there are two files in
/usr/X11R6/bin.  One will be your Xserver, like 'XF86_SVGA'.  The other
will be 'X'.  'X' is a wrapper which runs your Xserver.  'X' is setuid
root, so you should have no problem running it as a normal user.

> the other is my printer. went thru alot with it and now that it seems as
> if it wants to print i get a message that lp0 is not configured. so how do
> you configure /dev/lp0.

	2 guesses:

	1) Maybe lp0 isn't the port your printer is attached too?  Does lp1
work?
	2) Have you built a custom kernel yet?  Does the kernel have support
for the parallel ports (used mainly by printers)?

--
Ed C.