Re: Gamma correction

On Sun, Jan 03, 1999 at 06:15:25PM -0900, Christopher S. Swingley wrote:

> This may not be the best place to ask this, but does anyone out there know
> of a way to adjust the gamma value in X Windows?  I seem to recall seeing
> something like this (although it didn't work) in gnome, but I've since
> removed gnome.  I looked at all the manual pages I could think of, and the
[...]

It's in Manual page XF86Config(5x) line 548:
  Gamma gamma-value(s)
          This  is  an  optional  entry  that can be used to
	  specify the gamma correction for the monitor.   It
          may  be  specified  as either a single value or as
          three separate RGB values.  Not all X servers  are
          capable of using this information.

HTH

your pal dave

--