Re: WindowMaker 0.20.3 on hamm

On Sat, Dec 12, 1998 at 04:32:13PM -0500, Tun Yang wrote:

[snip]

> the 'g' at the end...It still gives the same error...
> ld: cannot open -lX11: No such file or directory
>
> I suspect I'm missing some X development package? Are there any others?
> hmm

I had the same error when compiling xanim, and it suggested the
following fix (it worked when compiling xanim):

Problem:

        You are using Imake and XFree and the compiler can't find
        the X11 include files and you have installed the X11 include
        files.

Solution:

        The Imake setup with XFree has recently been broken. The fix
        is to edit the file:

                /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config/X11.tmpl

        and change the following line from:

                INCDIR = $(INCROOT)             /* header files */

        to be:

                INCDIR = $(INCROOT)/X11         /* header files */

HTH
+         Peter Granroth         +  Microsoft is NOT the answer  +
+ mailto:devnull@granroth.ml.org +   Microsoft is the question   +
+     http://granroth.ml.org     +       The answer is NO        +