Re: diald setup problem

> > I'm having trouble setting up diald on my Linux box.  The problem I have
> > right now, which I haven't been able to figure out for the last couple of
> > hours, is that ppp0, when the link comes up, assumes the IP address
> > assigned to eth0.  I just cannot figure out how it gets it!
> > Any help would be appreciated.  I would also appreciate any working
> > /etc/diald/diald.options file for a Linux box that gets its IP address
> > dynamically from the ISP.
>
> Here's one (with comments elided and the username changed):
>
> 	# /etc/diald/diald.options
> 	accounting-log /var/log/diald.log
> 	fifo /var/run/diald.fifo
> 	debug 77
> 	mode ppp
> 	local 10.0.0.1
> 	remote 10.0.0.2
> 	netmask 255.0.0.0
> 	two-way
> 	reroute
> 	defaultroute
> 	connect "chat -v -f /etc/chatscripts/provider"
> 	lock
> 	modem
> 	crtscts
> 	connect-timeout 90
> 	dial-fail-limit 2
> 	died-retry-count 0
> 	include /etc/diald/standard.filter
> 	dynamic
> 	pppd-options noauth user ispname ipcp-accept-local ipcp-accept-remote

I changed the device, "ispname", and added "speed 115200"
(as the modem was responding CONNECT 38400 or something).
It dials as before but it doesn't solve the problem.  Once
the ppp link comes up, the local IP address of ppp0 is the
same as eht0!  "ipcp-accept-local" appears to be the key, as
far as I can tell from the pppd man page (thanks John!), but
it didn't do any good for my Linux box.

> pppd-options line.  The 'connect' line that I use points to the chatscript
> used by pon, but that is not necessary.

BTW, I started setting up diald using the connect script I
use with "pon" but it didn't work with diald.  Did you make
any changes to /etc/chatscripts/provider?  If I try to use
it, I get either some "authentication error" or
"authentication refused".  (I cannot remember which.)  The
user ID and the password are in the secret file, which diald
may not like.  (I don't know.)  I ended up modifying the
sample /etc/diald/connect script and added the user ID and
the password there.

Still in need of help..

Fumi Okushi