Re: Install Prob use Debian 2.0 CdROM

At 04:35 PM 12/11/1998 -0700, bill piasecki wrote:

> When attempting an install (I put a floppy with boot1440.bin in and cdrom in
> cdrom drive & reboot) At boot prompt I hit Enter and aftera few moments my
> conputer stops and nothing happens. The last 2 lines read like this:
> hda: M1612TA, 520MB w/64kB Cache, CHS=528/32/63, DMA
> hdb: DF6910C(-D18)2, ATAPI CDROM drive
>
> The only way I can get to my CDROM is by booting with an NT floppy and going
> through 2 selection propmpts. One is for loading a CDROm driver from a CD
> (this is the one I choose) and the next is selecting the type of CDROM. After
> this I can access my CDROM. The letter for my CDROM is F. So to look at my
> Debian CD I need to have an F: Dos prompt. I want to be able to just use my
> Linux floppy and my Debian CD. Any help out there?
> Thanks,
> Bill

Just for kicks, take the CD-ROM out of the drive and reboot and see if you get
any farther. Also, if you're up to it, the next step might be to open up the
case and unplug the CD drive's power and data cable and try booting like that.
Of course, this won't help you get the system installed, but it might help
provide a clue as to what's going wrong.