Install Prob use Debian 2.0 CdROM

When attempting an install (I put a floppy with boot1440.bin in and cdrom in cdrom drive & reboot) At boot prompt I hit Enter and aftera few moments my conputer stops and nothing happens. The last 2 lines read like this:
hda: M1612TA, 520MB w/64kB Cache, CHS=528/32/63, DMA
hdb: DF6910C(-D18)2, ATAPI CDROM drive

The only way I can get to my CDROM is by booting with an NT floppy and going through 2 selection propmpts. One is for loading a CDROm driver from a CD (this is the one I choose) and the next is selecting the type of CDROM. After this I can access my CDROM. The letter for my CDROM is F. So to look at my Debian CD I need to have an F: Dos prompt. I want to be able to just use my Linux floppy and my Debian CD. Any help out there?
Thanks,
Bill