Re: What's the story on Xemacs+GPM?

On Wed, Dec 09, 1998 at 06:49:41PM +0100, Daniel Elenius wrote:
> >I run a roll-your-own XEmacs 20.4 that I compiled withOUT gpm
> >support.  I do have gpm running.  Also, I don't have any trouble with
> >highlighting some text (from the shell, from another virtual terminal,
> >from anywhere), and can paste with the middle mouse button.
>
> How do you remove the gpm support? I find nothing in the makefile (I'm
> talking about the deb source, of course).

I believe you can change gpm support with the provided configure
script.  Type "configure --help" to verify, but I think you will want
to run "configure --without-gpm" or maybe "configure --with-gpm=no"

However, I gave up on the debian source because when I went to make a
Debian package, it overrided my custom options.  (Which, I'm sure is
my own fault, having not read any info on creating Deb packages).

Ultimately, I just snagged the vanilla XEmacs 20.4 source
(http://xemacs.cs.uiuc.edu), and installed in /usr/local with epkg
(http://www-wsg.cso.uiuc.edu/epkg/), which is similar to stow.

My homegrown XEmacs seems to run faster, too.

Matt

--
Matt Garman, garman@uiuc.edu
"They're always havin' a good time down on the bayou,