Re: finding a package name given a filename

On Tue, Dec 08, 1998 at 08:48:09PM -0800, Carl Johnson wrote:
> Here is a short perl program that seems to do the same thing.  Note that
> it doesn't have much error checking.

It does, more or less, do the same thing.  I didn't know perl had a
saner readlink() than C or the shell (in C, I had to do some tricks to
make it work).  Interesting.

Nevertheless, since I got enough requests and the program is working,
I've now uploaded the sources to my version to tsx-11.mit.edu.  It
will probably take a while until it is installed into the archive.
The program is also available from <URL:ftp://ftp.jyu.fi/private/antkaij/>.
Note that you cannot go to the /private directory; you must cd
directly to /private/antkaij.

To compile the program, you need the libgc4 package from slink or
potato, or an equivalent library compiled from the sources in
<URL:http://reality.sgi.com/employees/boehm_mti/gc_source/>.

I'll produce a .deb in the near future.  In the meantime, use the
source.

	Antti-Juhani

	  About to generate a new signature, please wait...