Re: What's the story on Xemacs+GPM?

On Tue, Dec 08, 1998 at 09:08:50PM +0100, Daniel Elenius wrote:
> I'm aware that Xemacs has problems with GPM (if you put Xemacs to
> sleep while GPM is running, things turn ugly). But is it possible to
> use GPM to paste text into Xemacs from a different VC? And the other
> way around? I certainly can't! Is it a configuration thing?

I run a roll-your-own XEmacs 20.4 that I compiled withOUT gpm
support.  I do have gpm running.  Also, I don't have any trouble with
highlighting some text (from the shell, from another virtual terminal,
from anywhere), and can paste with the middle mouse button.

Good luck!
Matt

--
Matt Garman, garman@uiuc.edu
"They're always havin' a good time down on the bayou,