Re: installing linux debian on Toshiba Satellite

I've installed hamm on Toshiba Tecra 700. "tecra" disk did not help - it
seems to still use bzImage while zImage is needed. What I did (after
seeing advice on this list) was to put kernel on a dos partition and use
loadlin.exe (and the debian install.bat). And after I install everything,
I still had to compile my own kernel (to make zImage).

I don't know what the status of boot disks for slink, I never managed to
boot them (it was a week ago).

For the explanations of why zImage is needed see Manoj's message several
days ago (about ThinkPad).

Sergey.