Re: installing linux debian on Toshiba Satellite

On Mon, 7 Dec 1998, Vazquez Jr, E A wrote:

> Don't expect much help here, I've been trying for DAYS to get a response
> to my questions but apparently no-one likes laptop installs.

It may be that no one is familiar with your hardware.  If you are the
poster that has the cd rom via parallel port on a laptop, then that's a
pretty tricky combo and I don't know if it is supported.  Also realize
that you get what you pay for, and around here, sometimes it's a bit more
than that.

> I'm trying to install debian on a Toshiba Satellite. I get as far as
> "booting linux.."  but then the Toshiba logo comes up and the cycle
> restarts.

Try the "tecra" boot images.  They are the standard response to boot
problems like this on laptops.

> I'm sure I read a post recently about this but I can't remember what it
> was.

You can always check the mailing list archives available on
www.debian.org.

HTH,
Brandon

| Brandon Mitchell * bhmit1@mail.wm.edu * http://bhmit1.home.ml.org/ |
|  Sometimes you have to release software with bugs. - MS Recruiter  |