Re: PPP options for different providers - how ?

Chang, FKK writes:
> Problem is, for each one I have different "options", such as

> dns xxx.yyy.zzz.uuu

pppd doesn't support this.  Just pick the best set of dns servers and put
them in /etc/resolv.conf.

> name "myname"
> auth

pppconfig should have put these in the provider files.  You don't need to
put them anywhere else.

> in the file /etc/ppp/options.

Put /etc/ppp/options back the way it was.  It is just for global defaults.
The options in the provider files override the ones in /etc/ppp/options.

> Now it only works for one provider.

> How can I make sure that the right options file is read for each
> provider?

Put /etc/ppp/options back the way it was set up by the ppp package.  Then
run pppconfig once for each provider, giving each one a different name and
filling in all the blanks for each one (I assume you have a different
login name for each one?)  Pick one set of dns servers and stick them in
/etc/resolv.conf.

Email me if that doesn't work.
--
John Hasler