Re: PPP problems

Rodrigo Moya writes:
> After running pppconfig...

Ok...

> ...and running pppd provider...

Don't you mean 'pppd call provider'?  Why not just run 'pon'?

> ...from tail -f /var/log/messages

'plog -f' does 'tail -f /var/log/ppp.log'.

> What am I doing wrong?

At a guess, you put quotes around both the login prompt and the login name,
something like this:

	'ogin: login_name'

That tells chat to treat the whole thing as a single string, and it is
wailting for your ISP to send 'ogin: login_name'.

Send me a copy of your /etc/chatscripts/provider, /etc/ppp/peers/provider,
and the output of the 'plog' command and I will try to help you.  Munge the
password but don't leave anything out.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)