LaTeX and PDF question

Hello all --

This is not a strictly Debian question, but I know that you all are
knowledgable users, and I was hoping someone might be able to help
me out.

I need to get a paper, produced in LaTeX, into pdf form for a set of
proceedings.  Everything is fine in doing that (I use pstoedit to
convert from ps to pdf) except for a few small things:

1.) One of my figures has lost two of its colors when I view the pdf.
If I don't get it fixed, it will be annoying to me, but not critical.

2.) Anytime that I use, oh, say, any Greek letter in equations and
in the text (say \omega or \gamma), it comes out not right in the
pdf (for example, instead of omega, I get an exclamation point).  I think
it's because those symbols aren't embedded, and I'm aware that pdfs
need embedded fonts.  Does anyone know how to deal with this problem?

Replies cc'd to me would be greatly appreciated, but are not required.

Maria

Maria Rightley                          E-mail: mright@lanl.gov
XNH, MS F664                            Phone : (505) 665-6560
Los Alamos National Laboratory          Fax   : (505) 665-3561