Re: LaTeX and PDF question

On Thu, Nov 19, 1998 at 10:40:33AM -0600, Maria Rightley wrote:
> This is not a strictly Debian question, but I know that you all are
> knowledgable users, and I was hoping someone might be able to help
> me out.

Try posting to comp.text.tex.  They'll know.  I can only ask some
questions to clarify the problem.

You say you use pstoedit to convert PS to PDF.  Have you tried pdfTeX?
It's picky on fonts (use some Adobe Type 1 (Postscript) font,
eg. Times or Computer Modern) and image formats (does not like EPS
unless converted), but otherwise it's okay.  It produces large files,
though, as it does not compress data.

> 1.) One of my figures has lost two of its colors when I view the pdf.

What image format are you using?

> 2.) Anytime that I use, oh, say, any Greek letter in equations and
> in the text (say \omega or \gamma), it comes out not right in the
> pdf

What fonts are you using?  Computer Modern, or?

	Antti-Juhani
NOTE: I am migrating to a new setup.  There may still be problems with
my mail/news headers, so *please* trust the above addresses more than
the addresses in the headers.  I hope I'll get this working ASAP.