Re: LaTeX and PDF question

Maria Rightley <mright@lanl.gov> writes:

> I need to get a paper, produced in LaTeX, into pdf form for a set of
> proceedings.  Everything is fine in doing that (I use pstoedit to
> convert from ps to pdf) except for a few small things:

As others said, I would suggest to use pdfTeX, it's in tetex0.9
package. As one of my friends said: "whatever I could produce .dvi
output, I can got an pdf of it" :)

You could try something like that:

\documentclass{article}

\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage{times}	% uses Times, Helvetica and Courier, which are
			% PS fonts

\begin{document}
Your typos :) goes here
\end{document}

and than:

$ pdflatex yourtext.tex
$ acroread yourtest.pdf

At my experience, acroread is much better than xpdf, and IFAIK for
free. But it needs libc5. Anyway - I got it as deb package, and
dependencies(?) were working very well.

Happy pdf-ing,
  Bilbo