Re: Netscape and $XNLSPATH

Kevin Atkinson wrote:

> > On my system the /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/locale/ somehow managed to become a
> > symbolic link to itself (I think or maybe it was just a circular series
> > of symbolic links).  Which lead to the error message saying that the
> > level of symbolic links was too deep.  I fixed the problem by removing
> > the nasty symbolic link /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/locale/ and then reinstalled
> > xlib6g to get the proper files in
> > /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/locale/.
>
> Never mind.  It worked ok until it started to read mail.  Then it
> crashed with:
> /usr/bin/X11/netscape: line 64: 271 Bus error
> LD_PRELOAD=/lib/libBrokemLocale.so.1 $netscape "$@"

I think I got things working OK.  Apparently a duplicate message was
being download and netscape didn't like it probably due to the fact that
I was reading my mail for about a day and a half with IMAP on a
different machine.

Anyway I changed my account to IMAP and moved the IMAP INBOX to a
temporally location and then changed it back to POP3.  When I tried to
move the message into my normal Inbox netscape crashed.  So I deleted
the offending duplicate message and tried moving them again.  And what
do you know it worked.

Everything is back to normal now!

--
Kevin Atkinson