Re: SB32PNP

On Sun, Oct 25, 1998 at 23:23 -0600, Cristov Russell wrote:

> According to the SB AWE how-to, since I have a PNP card I must load support
> as a module.  Does this mean I do not have to recompile the kernel; I only
> have to build a module for sound or in order to use the module I will need
> to build I must recompile the kernel.  BTW - I'm a little intimidated about
> recompiling at this point.  I've read several references on how to do it but
> it still seems daunting.

I too have a SB32PNP, and found that I did not need to compile the driver
as a module, but could bung it straight into the kernel. I believe this
is because my BIOS is one of them fancy PnP supporting ones. It is a lot
easier than messing about with modules and isapnpconfig etc etc. It might
or might not work for you.

Cheers
	Dave

--