SB32PNP

Hello all.

I'm trying to setup my sound card in hamm and need some clarification after
reading the how-to.  I already have configured isapnp.conf

According to the SB AWE how-to, since I have a PNP card I must load support
as a module.  Does this mean I do not have to recompile the kernel; I only
have to build a module for sound or in order to use the module I will need
to build I must recompile the kernel.  BTW - I'm a little intimidated about
recompiling at this point.  I've read several references on how to do it but
it still seems daunting.

Also, at the end of the section that explains the modification of the
isapnp.conf he writes:

If you have a Debian system, no further adjustments are necessary.  isapnp
will be started at boot time in /etc/init.d/boot with this snippet of script
code...

I don't have a boot file in /etc/init.d/.  Should I make one or should the
script be placed elsewhere?  I do have a isapnp in /etc/init.d/ that matches
the how-to exactly.

Thanks
Cristov Russell
cristov@earthling.net