Re: matrox marvel g200

You (Joachim Trinkwitz) wrote:
> Max <davros@cyclone.Stanford.EDU> writes:
> > S.U.S.E. has a server that supports the Millennium/Mystique G200.  It
> > may work for the Marvel as well, given that the Marvel is a souped up
> > Mystique.  Take a look at:
> >
> > http://www.suse.de/XSuSE/XSuSE_E.html
> >
> > I've been using it with no problems for a couple months now.
>
> How did you manage to install it in the debian system? I am struggling
> with the server since several days.
>
> Would you mind to give a step by step instruction for the installation
> (and cc it to my mail address too)?

You'll need to tell me exactly where you're having a problem because I
thought the installation was very simple.  You'll need to get the
xmatrox.tgz and xfsetup.tgz archives.  Assuming that you saved the
archives in /tmp, type the following:

su  (you'll need to enter root password here)
umask 022
gzip -cd /tmp/xmatrox.tgz | tar xvpf -
gzip -cd /tmp/xfsetup.tgz | tar xvpf -
xf86config   (you'll need to specify your video card here!)

Then, make sure that the first two lines of /etc/X11/Xserver are:

/usr/bin/X11/XFCom_Matrox
Console

That's about it as far as I remember.

Max