Re: Can apt access a local cdrom?

 Anthony Campbell wrote:

> No, I already tried this and it doesn't work. It gives "unable to state
> /cdrom/debian/dists/stable/main/binary-i386/Packages.gz"
>
> The problem seems to be that the file structure on my cdrom is
> /debian/main/binary-i386/.  Stable is a link to /debian/main.  This doesn't
> seem to be what  apt-get wants, and I don't seem to be able to tell it what
> to do.

A quick solution is to use the absolute path as in:
	deb file:/cdrom/debian main/binary-i386/
	deb file:/cdrom/debian contrib/binary-i386/
	etc.
Note the trailing slash after the binary-i386.  This indicates an absolute
path.  Apt will look for: /cdrom/debian/main/binary-i386/Packages.gz etc.

See man sources.list(5).

John.