Re: Can apt access a local cdrom?

On Fri, Oct 09, 1998 at 03:46:58PM +0000, Anthony Campbell wrote:
> I have succeeded in getting apt to connect to a distant ftp site but I've
> been unable to get it to access my cdrom drive, which currently has the
> Cheapbytes version of debian. I've tried every combination of deb file:/cdrom
> I can think of but I keep getting "malformed line in sources.list".
>
> Is it possible to do this?  If so, how?

First, mount the cd
Then add the line:
deb file:/cdrom/debian stable main
(assuming you have the cd mounted under /cdrom and it is the stable/main cd)

Anyway, add the line to /etc/apt/sources.list, and comment out all others.
Third, you can use dselect's apt method as usual, or use apt-get from the
command line.