Re: X Installation

X on a 386?  *laff*  Don't bother.  I've been there, done that, as the
saying goes.  However, if you really enjoy pain that much, try using
the most generic settings:  SVGA driver at 640x480 resoltion.  Make
sure you look at the README file for your video card..  Start your
machine again without trying to use X, then as root, use XF86Setup
Make sure you read all the screens carefully, as there are many subtle
things one could easily overlook.
FYI, when I tried running Netscape on my 386 with 8M RAM (30M swap),
it locked up my machine every time.  you've been warned.

 - DeJay.