Re: X Installation

On Wed, 7 Oct 1998, Rodrigo Moya wrote:

> Hi all!!!
>
> I just installed Debian 2.0 in a 386 machine, during configuration of
> packages, I was asked if I wanted to create the XF86Config file, I said
> 'yes' and after specifying my card, mouse, etc, it tried to switch to
> graphics mode. All the screen went blank, so I had to reboot.

 You could try just using the VGA server, which should run on almost
*anything* with a VGA or better card. Later on you can worry about getting
X optimized for your particular hardware.

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles          (248) 377-7735      ray.ingles@fanucrobotics.com

 "One man's 'magic' is another man's 'engineering'. 'Supernatural' is
                 a null word." - Robert Heinlein