X Installation

Hi all!!!

I just installed Debian 2.0 in a 386 machine, during configuration of
packages, I was asked if I wanted to create the XF86Config file, I said
'yes' and after specifying my card, mouse, etc, it tried to switch to
graphics mode. All the screen went blank, so I had to reboot. Now, how can I
continue the setup (not only X setup) process from the point it stopped
(well, I stopped), since X is not configured yet. I am sure I put the
correct settings (Oak (Generic) monitor, microsoft mouse, Extender Super VGA
800x600, spanish keyboard layout...), so what happened?

Thanks