Win98 <=> Linux via E-net

I am trying to setup my home LAN with a Win98 machine and a Linux machine with ethernet.  I have successfully setup the ethernet NIC but I am not sure what to do next.  I want to be able to copy files from the Win98 machine to the Linux hard drive using explorer.  I also want to be able to connect to the internet with the Win98 box's modem, but access the internet with the Linux machine.  Anybody out there done this already?  I appreciate any tips or suggestions.

Regards,

Jeff Miller
jmiller@gfs.com

"To Hell with Microsoft"