Re: SVGALib, Xpert@Play and sQuake/Quake II

On Mon, Sep 21, 1998 at 05:57:26PM -0500, Ryan Kirkpatrick wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Sep 1998, Adrian Bridgett wrote:
>
> > Matrox Millenium isn't particularly well supported by SVGAlib at the moment.
> > I have an improved patch here, but I'm a bit wary of some trimmed security
> > patches which are in the upstream release  - the fewer patches we apply the
> > better, however we don't want to compromise security.  Have you tried other
> > SVGAlib programs.
>
> 	No, this is the only SVGAlib program I have tried. I have not had
> time to try others. As for support, I just switched from a S3-968 based
> Diamond card because it was not supported very well either. :( Actually,
> the Matrox card came with a server I got a two months back, and it was to
> be headless, so I hated for a good card to go to waste, and dropped it in
> my workstation. :)

I'm currently using a Diamond Stealth VRAM 968 with IBM-RGB525? RAMDAC.  The
only problems I have is needing to run "stm 80x25" before using SVGAlib (stm
is SVGATextMode).

> > >       libm.so.5 => /lib/libm.so.5 (0x4000b000)
> > >       libvga.so.1 => /usr/lib/libvga.so.1 (0x40014000)

Hmm - this looks like the libc6 version of the library, do you have svgalib1
installed?

> /usr/X11R6/lib/Xaw3d
> /usr/lib/libc5-compat
> /lib/libc5-compat
> /usr/X11R6/lib

That looks okay for squake.

Adrian

email: adrian.bridgett@zetnet.co.uk, http://www.poboxes.com/adrian.bridgett
Windows NT - Unix in beta-testing.   PGP key available on public key servers
Debian Linux  http://www.debian.org  The superior Linux distribution