Debian DSELECT

Lo,

Though the DSELECT program is easier than most linux installation
programs i wonder
if it just aint possible to write something decent on this matter.
All of the linux distributions fail on two points and so does DEBIAN.

1. Easy of use and installation (though now i mind less after 2 weeks of
getting grips labour)
2. D O C U M E N T A T I O N ( why all these cryptic files and no real
database ??? HTML yes?)

Installing and removing LOOKS easy but there's very little REAL
version/dependency checking done.
Geez, sometimes i start thinking of winDOWs as a better platform just
because one can ****up a system
doing simple installation procedures. HELP i'm no
hacker/coder/programmer/techie just an experienced user
of operating systems doswinlix and NOT even considering to become one.
REALLY leave the coding to the
guys/girls who know what they're doing i think to myself. But all i see
is NEW kernel releases and NOT
new USER friendly add-ons such as installation, configuration, manual
database, manuals with more indepth
information on exactly what files to alter etc . . .

To set the record straight, I REALLY LIKE DEBIAN LINUX and the other
LINUX Distributions, i just think
it's disturbing to 'allready' see flaws in development. My thoughts on
this are 'of course' not complete or even
accurate but should indicate, again the need for a Standard User
Friendly environment to people leaving the
winDOWs platform or choosing to widen their horizon.

Finally, why not deliver a good WORDprocessor on the distribution /
contribution CDR ?
It's considered a Major lack in any distribution.

Thank You for you patience while reading this.