Re: Can httpd and wwwoffled co-exist?

On 9 Sep 1998, Jack Kern wrote:

> On a Debian 2.0 system I had wwwoffle installed and working with lynx.
> I then installed dwww which required httpd, so I installed boa.
>
> dwww only worked if I nullified the HTTP_PROXY variable used by
> wwwoffle/lynx, or if I put wwwoffle "online" -- wwwoffle "online" then
> proceeded to cache all the dox which of course are already on the disk.
> :(
>
> Now for some reason wwwoffle has stopped working even when I stop
> httpd(boa).  Command-line requests and fetching works but lynx cannot
> read the cache or mark urls for fetching.
>
> I don't understand these conflicts, so I thought I would ask if httpd and
> wwwoffled can coexist before trying to reinstall wwwoffle or whatever.
> boa uses port 80 and wwwoffle uses ports 8080 and 8081 -- all defaults.

Well, you could put a line in your lynx.cfg :
no_proxy:localhost,localhostname
where localhostname is your system's hostname.

This would mean that wwwoffle wouldn't be used to access boa. Guess you
should try to reinstal wwwoffle.

HTH,

Tim.

---
Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself!
ICQ #18073712      http://members.xoom.com/thomson