Can httpd and wwwoffled co-exist?

On a Debian 2.0 system I had wwwoffle installed and working with lynx.
I then installed dwww which required httpd, so I installed boa.

dwww only worked if I nullified the HTTP_PROXY variable used by
wwwoffle/lynx, or if I put wwwoffle "online" -- wwwoffle "online" then
proceeded to cache all the dox which of course are already on the disk.
:(

Now for some reason wwwoffle has stopped working even when I stop
httpd(boa).  Command-line requests and fetching works but lynx cannot
read the cache or mark urls for fetching.

I don't understand these conflicts, so I thought I would ask if httpd and
wwwoffled can coexist before trying to reinstall wwwoffle or whatever.
boa uses port 80 and wwwoffle uses ports 8080 and 8081 -- all defaults.

--
  jkern@klis.com   Jack Kern   Yarmouth, Nova Scotia   Debian GNU/Linux