Re: intent to package: gmt generic mapping tools

> The full-resolution coastline archive is 57 Mb.  Will it be included? (High
> resolution is 12.6MB). I can see us filling a CD quickly with this.  On the
> other hand, if it saves me a 57 MB download, it's very well worth it!

Data such this can be very useful to scientist but the main distribution
is already too large (IMO).
What about creating specialized distributions or add-on CDs containing
this and similar data (such as star database)?
(That is, scientific tools remain in the main distribution, including small
databases, but the full ones are only put in 'scientific' CDs).

Ciao
	-Michele