Re: Can httpd and wwwoffled co-exist?

On Sat, Sep 12, 1998 at 10:48:59PM +1200, Tim Thomson wrote:
> On 9 Sep 1998, Jack Kern wrote:
[...]
> > I don't understand these conflicts, so I thought I would ask if httpd and
> > wwwoffled can coexist before trying to reinstall wwwoffle or whatever.
[...]
> Well, you could put a line in your lynx.cfg :
> no_proxy:localhost,localhostname
> where localhostname is your system's hostname.
>
> This would mean that wwwoffle wouldn't be used to access boa. Guess you

Yes, I did finally figure out what that line in /etc/lynx.cfg meant.
Now dwww does not use wwwoffle.  The biggest problem was that I had used
the proxy environment variables in the wrong case while _not_ using the
corresponding /etc/lynx.cfg lines.

> should try to reinstall wwwoffle.

Re-configured wwwoffle:  Adding a stanza to the "LocalHost" section for
"localhostname" in addition to "localhost" stops wwwoffle from caching the
local documents.  I had configured dwww with "localhostname" instead of
"localhost".

Thank you,
		Jack

--