Re: Keeping multiple systems up-to-date with apt: how?

Ian,

I have been setup by Phil Hands to have the following.

1. My Server as a complete copy of Hamm as at 1 Sept.

2. My sources.list in /etc/apt first points to the copy on my server and
then to the copy on the debian ftp site.

Now I only pay to collect the changes. If I install the same thing on
multiple machines one after the other then the squid cache means less
downloads.

I also have a thing called resync which can be used to update the
complete copy on my fileserver by only collecting the changes. Don't
know where Phil got that from (my guess is that it will be in the
unstable directories somewhere).

Hope this helps.

Dave