Keeping multiple systems up-to-date with apt: how?

Hi. I'm just curious to know what approaches people use to keep multiple debian
boxes updated with apt. I currently have 3 (soon to be 4) debian slink boxes,
and it's kind of irritating to have to download each package on each system. I
have squid setup on one of them, so I'm really only downloading one copy, but
it's still slower than, say, a local nfs install. Ideally, what I'd like to do
is have one system export it's apt cache via nfs to the other two, with a cron
job to download the latest packages (``apt-get -d upgrade'') - then point apt
on the local machines to an autofs-controlled nfs mount of the exported apt
cache. This way, I would get things a bit more automated, but i'd still have a
hand in how the packages get installed, so no problems with apt clobbering
conffiles like with the -y option. Any suggestions?

| ian eure, network admin, freelance security consultant, and  |
| manically depressed paranoid schizophrenic, at your service. |
;           <ieure@minion.org> - http://minion.org             ;
:           raw speed = 105.6 wpm with 4.5% errors             :