Re: AGP video card

keatingjp17@uwwvax.uww.edu hat gesagt: // keatingjp17@uwwvax.uww.edu wrote:

> I have a 2 part question really.  First I ran the xbase-configure util.
> and got someparts of my xserver working correctly BUT the display isn't
> right.  Now when i kill X and get to prompt and type xbase-configure
> it does nothing.  I want to change my video card and monitor settings
> and don't know how to without this util. Can anyone help me?

xbase-configure checks if there is a XF86Config file and refuses to run if it
exists. One has to rename or delete /etc/X11/XF86Config before rerunning
xbase-configure.

But you don't use xbase-configure for your card because...

> Part 2.
>
> I have a Fire GL 1000 , or also called Diamond Permidia 2 8MB AGP 2d/3d
> combo video card.  I didn't see this in the list of video cards to select.
> Could someone please help me in setting up the correct server options for
> this.

... for this card you need the xsuse-xserver as someone else here already
pointed out.
--
						     __    __
 Frank Barknecht	   ____ ______   ____ __ trip\ \  / /wire ______